Friday, October 23, 2009

Slaughtered Like Bacon

I love bacon. I've also got some beef with the folks over at www.bacontoday.com . Lying son of a swine... I've got some serious pork to pull.
Back in June 2009, I had contacted Bacon Today with the hopes of becoming their next month's bacon babe. If anyone deserves to wear that crown its me. Not many people can eat as much pig as I do and still look this svelt. SO anyways, I hear back from the guy, Corey, about a month later. Sends me an email saying:
"We'd love to have you as the Bacon Babe of the Month for August. All we need is your ladies t-shirt size and your address and we'll send you a couple shirts from our partner Bacn.com. Then we just ask that you take 20 or so photos in a couple locations so we can pick a few for the site."
Ok. So I send the guy my address. Sounds kind of sketch. But at this point I'm doing cartwheels around the office. My heart is racing. Eat your heart out boys, there's a new bacon babe in town.
Except. Nothing ever transpired. I never heard back from the guy. WTF?!
As if that wasn't disappointing enough. I logged onto the website the other day. And sure enough...they had in fact chosen someone to be the bacon babe for August. A group of 'babes' if you will. The Kansas City Roller Warriors to be more precise. Nothing Bacon Babe'ish about them. More like Bacon Butch. Barf in my Royal Bacon mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment